PAGES

Miyerkules, Mayo 29, 2013

Katy Perry's Heartfelt Message to Bullying Victims: "Be Proud of Who You Are"

Katy Perry, Trevor Live Mark Davis/Getty Images for Trevor Project

Katy Perry has a heartfelt message to those feeling the tragic effects of bullying.

The "Firework" singer posted a lengthy inspirational note on Instagram today in an attempt to reach out to struggling fans.

"That's right folks. Be proud of who you are," she writes. "Recently, I've been getting a lot of comments and tweets from fans who are struggling with self harm or being a victim of bullying. Which brings tears to my eyes. I want you to be strong. There's only one you in this world, embrace it."

NEWS: Katy Perry & rapper have heated Twitter feud

"And trust me, when you grow up and become successful those bullies will WISH they were friends with you and were nice to you," Perry continued. "Karma will do payback to them, just watch. When they bully again, just laugh at their faces or simply say I don't care. If they see it bothers you, they'll continue. If they see that you don't care and that it doesn't bother you, they'll stop! Simple! Stand up for yourself. Make those bullies look stupid."

Perry urges victims of harsh bullying to speak up to school authorities.

She adds, "Another problem is a lot of kids these days who do self harm. It's horrible to me. Don't ruin your skin, I think your skin is beautiful. Putting scars on your wrists or anywhere else is just heartbreaking for me. Cutting yourself doesn't fix anything. Please, just stop. For me, for your family, for your friends, for you."

"I understand it's hard, I've never been through it, but I have talked to fans like you," Perry says. "Just be clean for today, and see if you can go up to a week maybe? You can slowly progress to stop. I love you!"

PHOTOS: See Katy's best red carpet looks


View the original article here

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento

Ezra's Treasure Chest

FREE WEBSITE TRAFFIC HERE

MOVIE AND FILM REVIEWS

Latest from E! online